In case you were wondering about the lack of posts, Lily and I have been working on a lot of fun new things. Here’s what you can expect to see soon:
1) Lots and lots of movie reviews! Lily and I are working our way through Rotten Tomatoes’ Top 100 Horror Movies so that we can share our own expert opinions on these scary (and not-so-scary) flicks with you. We’ve already divided them up, so expect 50 reviews from each of us (but not right away!).
2) Horror Book Reviews! We’ve recently found Amazon’s list, Books From Hell – The 25 Best Horror Books Ever Written, so we’ve decided we need to review these, too. In case anyone was wondering, though, the first book will not be reviewed by either Lily or me as clowns are not okay (on that note, I am pursuing a lead on a person who would be willing to review this for us – another Mystery Guest Reviewer!).
3) Horror TV Show Reviews! Lily is currently working on a review of The Walking Dead! I am looking into reviewing The Bates Motel and Hannibal. TV is getting more and more horrific these days, which is all right with us!
4) Mystery Guest Reviewers! I’ve recently been trying to find a few people who’d like to take on the task of writing guest reviews. While we’re still a fairly new blog, it’s great to get a fresh voice in once in awhile. I’m hoping to be able to line up 1 guest reviewer per month, but we’ll see how that goes! Let us know if you’d be interested in writing a review for us by visiting our Facebook page and sending us a message.
5) What Makes Horror Horror! I am currently researching and planning a post outlining what makes a movie, book or TV show horror. This will include the basic conventions of the horror genre as well as a look into the psychology of what makes horror so scary. Fun, right?
6) Urban Legends! We plan on researching and posting urban legend stories from across the United States (and maybe some international). Of course, we’ll tell you whether or not we believe said stories, but we welcome your feedback, as well!
Don’t forget to check back for your Horror Rules!